• I got my driver’s license back.


    "I personally recommend Mr. Callahan to anyone who needs help getting full reinstatement."

    View All
  • Out of State License Reinstated!


    "From the first moment we contacted John Callahan we felt comfortable in our decision of retaining him for our case."

    View All
  • DUI License Revocation


    "Mr. Callahan went above and beyond to help me with my case."

    View All
  • Full Reinstatement!


    "Thank you again to John and his staff!"

    View All
Contact John W. Callahan to get your Illinois driver’s
license reinstated now: 1-877-469-4535

License Reinstatement

How we can reinstate your Illinois driver’s license.


Out of State Revocation

If you live outside of Illinois, we can clear your license.


Successful Cases

Take a look at a sample of our great results.



Illinois license reinstatement questions.


Where do I go to get my license reinstated after a DUI?

Posted by John Callahan | Jul 04, 2013 | 0 Comments

As a license reinstatement attorney, John Callahan has helped hundreds of people in the state of Illinois get their license back. One of the first questions that people always ask me is where do we go for our license reinstatement hearing? While that answer varies because the first determination is whether or not the client is a formal or informal mandated. What this means is that a DUI license hearing can either be at an in formal location or it can be held at a formal hearing location.

Informal locations. Most Secretary of State driving facilities have an informal hearing officer in them. If you have only been charged with one DUI whether it be out-of-state or instant, you will probably be allowed to go to an informal hearing. DUI license lawyer John Callahan helps people with their informal hearings.

Formal locations. There are four locations in the state of Illinois where a person who has been revoked for DUI can obtain her license back at a formal hearing. Springfield, Mount Vernon, Chicago, and Joliet. If you live in the furthest point Sal in Illinois, you can still have your hearing up in Chicago. Also, if you live in Dekalb County, you can have your hearing down south in Mount Vernon.

John Callahan almost always takes his clients to the Joliet hearing location across the street from the Will County Courthouse. If your license is revoked because of a DUI and you are looking to obtain it, you can contact John Callahan at anytime to discuss your matter. Or feel free to look at any of his successful cases where he is helped people get their license back after their DUI.

About the Author

John Callahan

You never get a second chance to make a first impression. You may also never get a second chance to preserve your freedom if faced with criminal or DUI charges. If you are currently facing criminal charges, contact the law offices of John W. Callahan to protect you, your rights and your freedom. ...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment