• I got my driver’s license back.


    "I personally recommend Mr. Callahan to anyone who needs help getting full reinstatement."

    View All
  • Out of State License Reinstated!


    "From the first moment we contacted John Callahan we felt comfortable in our decision of retaining him for our case."

    View All
  • DUI License Revocation


    "Mr. Callahan went above and beyond to help me with my case."

    View All
  • Full Reinstatement!


    "Thank you again to John and his staff!"

    View All
Contact John W. Callahan to get your Illinois driver’s
license reinstated now: 1-877-469-4535

License Reinstatement

How we can reinstate your Illinois driver’s license.


Out of State Revocation

If you live outside of Illinois, we can clear your license.


Successful Cases

Take a look at a sample of our great results.



Illinois license reinstatement questions.


I’ve been told that my license is suspended—what does that mean?

Posted by John Callahan | Jun 07, 2016 | 0 Comments

As an attorney that has handled license reinstatement cases in Illinois for over 18 years, I have extensive experience dealing with the suspension of driver's licenses.  I often have to explain to our clients what it means that they now have a suspended license.

The Illinois Vehicle Code defines a suspension of a person's license and driving privileges. To have a suspended license means that you temporarily lose the ability to use your license to drive.  The Secretary of State decides how long of a suspension you will get, though it cannot exceed 12 months if you have paid the necessary reinstatement fee.

While a suspended license is inconvenient, your driving privileges are automatically restored at the end of the suspension period, provided that you pay a restoration fee.  The restoration fee can range from $70 to $500, depending on the statute you are charged under.  Your suspension may be extended for a variety of reasons, including Driving While License Suspended (DWLS); this is just one of many reasons why you should avoid driving on a suspended license.

If you believe that your license was wrongly suspended or if you need help with a revoked license from a DUI conviction, you should contact the license reinstatement attorneys at John W. Callahan, Ltd.  We can request a driver's license suspension hearing, and we have the experience and knowledge needed to help you win your hearing.  We know how important the right to drive is to your everyday life and we will fight to restore your license.

–Posted by license reinstatement lawyer John W. Callahan

About the Author

John Callahan

You never get a second chance to make a first impression. You may also never get a second chance to preserve your freedom if faced with criminal or DUI charges. If you are currently facing criminal charges, contact the law offices of John W. Callahan to protect you, your rights and your freedom. ...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment