How much does it cost to reinstate your driver's license? Does it depend on the reason for the suspension?
Many people ask me how much the reinstatement fees will be after a DUI revocation hearing. Reinstating your driver's license is not cheap. How much you must pay to have your driver's license reinstated depends on the reason why it was suspended or revoked.
If you want to have your driver’s license reinstated after a DUI suspension or revocation, it is in your best interest to work with an experienced attorney like John Callahan to complete this process.
The reinstatement fees for driver's license suspensions and revocations are as follows:
- Discretionary Suspension(Traffic Related Suspension) — $70 fee
- Failure to Appear in Court Suspension(Court Related Suspension) — $70 fee
- Family Responsibility(DHFS or Court Ordered Child Support Suspension) — $70 fee for each Suspension
- Field Sobriety Suspension— (First Offense) — $250 fee owed for each Suspension
- Field Sobriety Suspension— (Multiple Offense) — $500 fee owed for each subsequent Suspension
- Mandatory Insurance Conviction Driver's License Suspension— $100 fee for each Suspension. You may also owe a mandatory insurance fee for your license plate suspension
- Parking/Tollway/Automated Traffic Suspension(Municipality/Tollway Authority Violation Suspension) — $70 fee
- Revocations— $500 fee for each Revocation
- Safety Responsibility(Uninsured Accident Administrative Suspension) — $70 fee for each Suspension
- Solicitation of Towing Suspension— $100 fee for each Suspension
- Statutory Summary Suspension— (DUI Related/Implied Consent First Offense) — $250 fee for the first Suspension
- Statutory Summary Suspension— (DUI Related Multiple Offenses) — $500 fee for each subsequent Suspension
- Unsatisfied Judgment(Uninsured Accident Court Ordered Suspension) — $70 fee for each Suspension
- Zero Tolerance Suspension— (Alcohol Related for Individuals under 21 years of age) — $70 fee for each Suspension