• I got my driver’s license back.


    "I personally recommend Mr. Callahan to anyone who needs help getting full reinstatement."

    View All
  • Out of State License Reinstated!


    "From the first moment we contacted John Callahan we felt comfortable in our decision of retaining him for our case."

    View All
  • DUI License Revocation


    "Mr. Callahan went above and beyond to help me with my case."

    View All
  • Full Reinstatement!


    "Thank you again to John and his staff!"

    View All
Contact John W. Callahan to get your Illinois driver’s
license reinstated now: 1-877-469-4535

License Reinstatement

How we can reinstate your Illinois driver’s license.


Out of State Revocation

If you live outside of Illinois, we can clear your license.


Successful Cases

Take a look at a sample of our great results.



Illinois license reinstatement questions.


I live in Illinois but my DUI was outside of Illinois and now I am revoked

Posted by John Callahan | Mar 12, 2015 | 0 Comments

As a drivers license lawyer in Illinois I have represented hundreds of clients who have lost their license from a DUI conviction. In Illinois, the first conviction normally occurs on the second DUI arrest due to the fact that most people are given court supervision on their first arrest. Supervision is not a conviction.
 When an Illinois driver is arrested for a DUI in Michigan, Wisconsin or Indiana, they will often be charged with an operating while intoxicated or some other criminal charge that makes them think it is not a DUI arrest or conviction. Often, the attorney in one of those dates will get what they think is a better disposition for their client (and it might be in that state) but in Illinois it will be treated as a conviction when reported to the Illinois Secretary of State.
 Even if the arrest for operating while intoxicated is a first arrest, when it is reported to Illinois it comes down as a conviction and will revoke the driving privileges in Illinois. The only way to obtain driving relief after being convicted of a DUI is to obtain an administrative hearing with the Secretary of State also known as a formal or informal hearing.
 If you have been arrested or convicted for a DUI in Illinois or any other state and are looking for an attorney who has handled hundreds of successful cases over the years, feel free to contact license reinstatement lawyer John W Callahan and he will answer any of your questions you have.
 – Posted by license reinstatement lawyer John W. Callahan

About the Author

John Callahan

You never get a second chance to make a first impression. You may also never get a second chance to preserve your freedom if faced with criminal or DUI charges. If you are currently facing criminal charges, contact the law offices of John W. Callahan to protect you, your rights and your freedom. ...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment