• I got my driver’s license back.


    "I personally recommend Mr. Callahan to anyone who needs help getting full reinstatement."

    View All
  • Out of State License Reinstated!


    "From the first moment we contacted John Callahan we felt comfortable in our decision of retaining him for our case."

    View All
  • DUI License Revocation


    "Mr. Callahan went above and beyond to help me with my case."

    View All
  • Full Reinstatement!


    "Thank you again to John and his staff!"

    View All
Contact John W. Callahan to get your Illinois driver’s
license reinstated now: 1-877-469-4535

License Reinstatement

How we can reinstate your Illinois driver’s license.


Out of State Revocation

If you live outside of Illinois, we can clear your license.


Successful Cases

Take a look at a sample of our great results.



Illinois license reinstatement questions.


How soon can I get a formal administrative hearing with the Secretary of State to get my Illinois license back?

Posted by John Callahan | Jul 14, 2013 | 0 Comments

As a license reinstatement lawyer in Illinois, my clients often ask me how long from the time we apply for a hearing until we actually obtain the hearing date. During the course of the year, it varies. On the short end, it seems that once a formal administrative hearing is applied for, it would be fast if you can get a hearing in 35 days. On the long end of the spectrum, I am seeing dates that go beyond 60 days from application to hearing.

This does not count for informal hearings with the Secretary of State. If you are informal eligible – typically one DUI arrest in your background, you do not need to schedule a formal hearing. Rather, when you are informal eligible, you walk into one of the many DMV facilities that have an informal hearing officer and you proceed that day – no scheduling required.

Don't forget to mail in your $50 application fee if you are required to have a formal hearing based on 2 or more DUI arrests.

About the Author

John Callahan

You never get a second chance to make a first impression. You may also never get a second chance to preserve your freedom if faced with criminal or DUI charges. If you are currently facing criminal charges, contact the law offices of John W. Callahan to protect you, your rights and your freedom. ...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment