• I got my driver’s license back.


    "I personally recommend Mr. Callahan to anyone who needs help getting full reinstatement."

    View All
  • Out of State License Reinstated!


    "From the first moment we contacted John Callahan we felt comfortable in our decision of retaining him for our case."

    View All
  • DUI License Revocation


    "Mr. Callahan went above and beyond to help me with my case."

    View All
  • Full Reinstatement!


    "Thank you again to John and his staff!"

    View All
Contact John W. Callahan to get your Illinois driver’s
license reinstated now: 1-877-469-4535

License Reinstatement

How we can reinstate your Illinois driver’s license.


Out of State Revocation

If you live outside of Illinois, we can clear your license.


Successful Cases

Take a look at a sample of our great results.



Illinois license reinstatement questions.


How do I get my driver’s license reinstated after my suspension is up?

Posted by John Callahan | Sep 24, 2018 | 0 Comments

Driving in Illinois is a privilege and once your driving privileges have been suspended, you must take the necessary action to regain your license. There is no one set of requirements to get your driver's license reinstated after a suspension. The requirements are dependent on the reason your license was suspended in the first place, in addition to other factors, such as your driving history and alcohol/drug evaluations. Typically, you need to satisfy requirements set forth by the court or Secretary of State, attend a formal or an informal hearing, and / or pay reinstatement fees. Reinstatement fees range anywhere from $70 to $500 depending on your suspension. Most of the time a simple suspension can be cleared up by paying the Secretary of State fee.

In order to get your license reinstated you will need to have an informal orformal hearing with the Illinois Secretary of State's office if you have been revoked. Serious offenses require a formal hearing, whereas lesser offenses require an informal hearing. Once you are cleared at the hearing and receive notice that you can have your driver's license reinstated, you must provide proof of insurance and pay the appropriate reinstatement fee.

If your license has been suspended or revoked for a DUI, your first step should be to contact the lawyers of John W. Callahan, Ltd. You can either wait out your driver's license suspension or you can consult our experienced Attorneys to discuss whether you are eligible for your driver's license reinstatement today. At our Cook County law firm, defense lawyer John W. Callahan will represent you at your suspension hearings to help get your driver's license reinstated as quickly as possible. Contact our firm to arrange for a free consultation to discuss how we can help you get your license back.

About the Author

John Callahan

You never get a second chance to make a first impression. You may also never get a second chance to preserve your freedom if faced with criminal or DUI charges. If you are currently facing criminal charges, contact the law offices of John W. Callahan to protect you, your rights and your freedom. ...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment