• I got my driver’s license back.


    "I personally recommend Mr. Callahan to anyone who needs help getting full reinstatement."

    View All
  • Out of State License Reinstated!


    "From the first moment we contacted John Callahan we felt comfortable in our decision of retaining him for our case."

    View All
  • DUI License Revocation


    "Mr. Callahan went above and beyond to help me with my case."

    View All
  • Full Reinstatement!


    "Thank you again to John and his staff!"

    View All
Contact John W. Callahan to get your Illinois driver’s
license reinstated now: 1-877-469-4535

License Reinstatement

How we can reinstate your Illinois driver’s license.


Out of State Revocation

If you live outside of Illinois, we can clear your license.


Successful Cases

Take a look at a sample of our great results.



Illinois license reinstatement questions.


Can I lose my driving privileges if I am caught with drugs in the car?

Posted by John Callahan | Oct 21, 2014 | 0 Comments

I have been representing clients charged with a drug crime in Illinois, around the Schaumburg and Chicago areas, for over 17 years. I frequently am asked whether someone can lose their driving privileges if they are caught with drugs in their car. The answer is yes.
 Illegal possession of a controlled substance or cannabis by a driver must be entered in court records and reported to the Secretary of State. A first conviction for a driver who illegally possessed a controlled substance or cannabis is the suspension of their driving privileges for 1 year. A second conviction entails the revocation of driving privileges for the driver. Note – I indicated conviction. Supervision is not a conviction.
 For more information on how to contest the suspension or revocation of your driving privileges or if you would like to prevent a conviction, contact our office to speak with an experienced defense attorney.
 – Posted by license reinstatement lawyer John W. Callahan

About the Author

John Callahan

You never get a second chance to make a first impression. You may also never get a second chance to preserve your freedom if faced with criminal or DUI charges. If you are currently facing criminal charges, contact the law offices of John W. Callahan to protect you, your rights and your freedom. ...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment