• I got my driver’s license back.


    "I personally recommend Mr. Callahan to anyone who needs help getting full reinstatement."

    View All
  • Out of State License Reinstated!


    "From the first moment we contacted John Callahan we felt comfortable in our decision of retaining him for our case."

    View All
  • DUI License Revocation


    "Mr. Callahan went above and beyond to help me with my case."

    View All
  • Full Reinstatement!


    "Thank you again to John and his staff!"

    View All
Contact John W. Callahan to get your Illinois driver’s
license reinstated now: 1-877-469-4535

License Reinstatement

How we can reinstate your Illinois driver’s license.


Out of State Revocation

If you live outside of Illinois, we can clear your license.


Successful Cases

Take a look at a sample of our great results.



Illinois license reinstatement questions.


Can I get a permit on a 3 year statutory summary suspension

Posted by John Callahan | Aug 30, 2019 | 0 Comments

Lately, I have been asked by several people who are facing a three-year suspension for their second DUI as to whether or not there is any eligibility for them to obtain a Restricted Driving Permit with the Secretary of State.  I have been handling license reinstatement cases for well over 20 years and because of a change in the law approximately two years ago there is now a window of opportunity for those people charged with a second DUI who are facing the three-year suspension for refusing the breathalyzer test on the most recent arrest. 

I have had several clients come to me after their attorneys told them that there is no potential permit on a three-year suspension. While this used to be true and the Secretary of State had what was called a hard-time requirement wherein no relief to get a person up and driving during that three-year suspension was available.  The law changed now, and it does allow a hearing for that permit.  Most of the time this can be done at the informal hearing process in order to obtain a permit and it would be very similar to a license reinstatement hearing that would be done with the Secretary of State as of the person had actually been revoked for a DUI rather than just being suspended.  Not only have we been successful at obtaining these permits on the three-year suspensions for some of our clients, but we have also been able to renew those permits successfully while their DUI cases have been pending in court. 

If you are looking to get driving relief while you are on a three-year suspension, you should feel free to contact my office at any time to discuss whether or not you are in fact eligible for a hearing and how we can help you with that process. 

About the Author

John Callahan

You never get a second chance to make a first impression. You may also never get a second chance to preserve your freedom if faced with criminal or DUI charges. If you are currently facing criminal charges, contact the law offices of John W. Callahan to protect you, your rights and your freedom. ...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment