• I got my driver’s license back.


    "I personally recommend Mr. Callahan to anyone who needs help getting full reinstatement."

    View All
  • Out of State License Reinstated!


    "From the first moment we contacted John Callahan we felt comfortable in our decision of retaining him for our case."

    View All
  • DUI License Revocation


    "Mr. Callahan went above and beyond to help me with my case."

    View All
  • Full Reinstatement!


    "Thank you again to John and his staff!"

    View All
Contact John W. Callahan to get your Illinois driver’s
license reinstated now: 1-877-469-4535

License Reinstatement

How we can reinstate your Illinois driver’s license.


Out of State Revocation

If you live outside of Illinois, we can clear your license.


Successful Cases

Take a look at a sample of our great results.



Illinois license reinstatement questions.


Illinois license reinstatement timeline

Posted by John Callahan | May 07, 2012 | 0 Comments

How long does it take from start to finish to get a license reinstated in Illinois and should you use a lawyer to help you with that process?

While it depends on the person, it typically takes between 1-4 months to get fully prepared for a formal or informal administrative hearing in Illinois. The client needs to be prepared to answer questions ranging from, “What time were you arrested?” to “Are you a problematic drinker?” I always tell my clients that this is not like a test in high school where 80% right gets you a passing grade. The Secretary of State in Illinois is very strict when it comes to reinstatement of a person's license. Any more than 2 questions wrong and the Sec State will almost certainly deny your request for reinstatement. So yes, it is important to hire a lawyer to help you because we know the questions you will be asked and we can prepare you to answer those questions truthfully.

About the Author

John Callahan

You never get a second chance to make a first impression. You may also never get a second chance to preserve your freedom if faced with criminal or DUI charges. If you are currently facing criminal charges, contact the law offices of John W. Callahan to protect you, your rights and your freedom. ...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment