• I got my driver’s license back.


    "I personally recommend Mr. Callahan to anyone who needs help getting full reinstatement."

    View All
  • Out of State License Reinstated!


    "From the first moment we contacted John Callahan we felt comfortable in our decision of retaining him for our case."

    View All
  • DUI License Revocation


    "Mr. Callahan went above and beyond to help me with my case."

    View All
  • Full Reinstatement!


    "Thank you again to John and his staff!"

    View All
Contact John W. Callahan to get your Illinois driver’s
license reinstated now: 1-877-469-4535

License Reinstatement

How we can reinstate your Illinois driver’s license.


Out of State Revocation

If you live outside of Illinois, we can clear your license.


Successful Cases

Take a look at a sample of our great results.



Illinois license reinstatement questions.


Illinois License Issues Secretary of State and Alcohol Abuse

Posted by John Callahan | Jun 20, 2012 | 0 Comments

As an Illinois license reinstatement lawyer, I found out recently that you can't win them all. We had our first denial in over five years occur recently which means that our client will need to proceed to another hearing. I always pride myself on the preparation that my clients receive before their hearing with the Secretary of State as this gives my clients he best chance of success.

What happened? The Secretary of State asked what is the difference between alcohol abuse and alcohol dependence. Alcohol dependence is when one has lost control of one's drinking and / or has lost control. Alcohol abuse is when one drinks enough alcohol to become intoxicated. Obviously, continued abuse of alcohol can lead to dependency.

This simple line of questions needs to be understood by any client intending to get their Illinois driver's license back via an administrative hearing with the Secretary of State.

About the Author

John Callahan

You never get a second chance to make a first impression. You may also never get a second chance to preserve your freedom if faced with criminal or DUI charges. If you are currently facing criminal charges, contact the law offices of John W. Callahan to protect you, your rights and your freedom. ...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment