• I got my driver’s license back.


    "I personally recommend Mr. Callahan to anyone who needs help getting full reinstatement."

    View All
  • Out of State License Reinstated!


    "From the first moment we contacted John Callahan we felt comfortable in our decision of retaining him for our case."

    View All
  • DUI License Revocation


    "Mr. Callahan went above and beyond to help me with my case."

    View All
  • Full Reinstatement!


    "Thank you again to John and his staff!"

    View All
Contact John W. Callahan to get your Illinois driver’s
license reinstated now: 1-877-469-4535

License Reinstatement

How we can reinstate your Illinois driver’s license.


Out of State Revocation

If you live outside of Illinois, we can clear your license.


Successful Cases

Take a look at a sample of our great results.



Illinois license reinstatement questions.


Can I get a license in another state if my drivers license is revoked?

Posted by John Callahan | Nov 13, 2018 | 0 Comments

If your license has been revoked in one state, crossing state borders to apply for a new license is futile. Due to the Interstate Driver's License Compact (DLC) and National Driver's Registrar (NDR), a state cannot grant you a driver's license if one state chooses to deny you one. The DLC is an agreement between all states with the exception of Georgia, Massachusetts, Michigan, Tennessee, and Wisconsin, to exchange information regarding a driver's license suspensions/ revocations and other traffic related offenses.

If you apply for a license in Georgia, Massachusetts, Michigan, Tennessee, or Wisconsin, your chances of getting a license are greater than any applying in member state of the DLC. With that said, I have seen dozens if not hundreds of clients from Wisconsin and Michigan who picked up DUI arrests in those states and were subsequently revoked by the Illinois Secretary of State for the out of state Dui conviction.  The NDR is a database that keeps track of holds on your record. State licensing agencies are mandated by the federal government to check the NDR for a clean record before providing you with a drivers license.

To be eligible to get license in another state, you must get your current Illinois license reinstated or "cleared up." For your license to be reinstated, you must attend either a formal or an informal administrative out of state hearing with the Illinois Secretary of State's office to prove you are no longer a danger to public safety and have addressed your drinking issues. License reinstatement lawyer John W. Callahan will represent you at this hearing to help get your driver's license reinstated as quickly as possible. Contact our firm to arrange for a free consultation to discuss how we can help you get your license back.

About the Author

John Callahan

You never get a second chance to make a first impression. You may also never get a second chance to preserve your freedom if faced with criminal or DUI charges. If you are currently facing criminal charges, contact the law offices of John W. Callahan to protect you, your rights and your freedom. ...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment